Saturday, August 18, 2018

Resting on the Weekend

Yesterday as I already explained was a very rainy and wet day. I could not go outside to weed and my push mower STILL has not arrived. I started my day with an hour's worth of housework, though I was not motivated at all. I  moved furniture upstairs to vacuum under and around things, but I did not dust. I will do that as I deep clean each room. I am noticing how shabby the walls are looking and dreaming of how I might paint them this winter. I did not feel like cleaning another bathroom so I will leave that for Monday (as long as it is cool enough), but I did vacuum that floor, the laundry room, two spare bedrooms, the loft area and the staircase. I am also leaving my bedroom for another day (or week) depending on how much I can do in an hour. I also want to wash all the windows upstairs. They are newer windows that I can do both inside and outside of the glass.

I spent my "outdoor" two hours or more, sorting through my photos (from my tablet, my camera and ones I have received from my son and grand daughter) and I posted a blog yesterday about the third day of the trip.  For my hour of crafting, I made a very simple card for my middle son. Today is his birthday.
I embossed a wood grain pattern into the card stock and stamped the old barn with brown ink.  Now that I am looking at it, the tag seems lop-sided to me. Oh well. Proof that it is home-made, eh?

Today is the start of the week-end. Had my push mower arrived today, I would have cut the lawns. I only spent about half an hour pulling weeds in the back until I couldn't stand the mosquitoes any longer. I filled two big baskets  full of weeds. My domestic arts  part of my day was a load of laundry which I hung  on the line and took  down at the end of the day. Big whoop! It's the week-end.

I did some crafting today. I have wanted to make some all-occasion cards as a thank you gift but a friend suggested that the recipient wanted only blank cards to use as note cards for whatever the occasion called for. I was sort of at a loss until I saw a very simple idea on Pinterest this week. All I did was cut some heavy patterned card stock from DCWV called "Lace and Linen" into A2 sized cards, rounded the corners and inked the edges. I made a simple folder to keep them in using up some of the papers that the cards were cut from. There are 3 cards and 3 envelopes in each side and tied closed with a ribbon. I hope she likes them.


Sorry about the quality of the photos. One of these days......


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the lack of a working lawn mower meant you got to relax and make some cards, today! Weekends are meant for relaxing and taking it easy! I love the idea of a little folder of blank cards and envelopes to give as a gift! Your son's card looks perfectly fine, to me, and I'm sure he'll love it even if the tag was lop-sided. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided that I can ease up on weekends if I want to. Most jobs have days off for their employees so why shouldn't we? I am leaving in a few moments for Ottawa and a baby shower, so definitely a day off.

    ReplyDelete