Thursday, August 2, 2018

Spending Money at Bulk Barn

This morning I woke up late...really, really late. By the time I showered and washed my hair, it was almost 11 AM. I made and drank two cups of coffee and took a call from "Dee". So after 12 o'clock noon, I made my two egg omelet for brunch ( green onion, mushroom and yellow squash) while I emptied the dishwasher.

 On Tuesday I ordered some items on-line at Babies R Us for a shower coming up later this month. Today I had to drive in to pick up the order at the store (so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping charges). Since I was in the area, I decided to go to the Bulk Barn to pick up some spices that I was completely out of and that I needed to make up some more of my spice mixes. I had run out of my "Ten Things Farm Chicken Seasoning" ( recipe shared by Nathalie) that I absolutely love to put on my roasted chicken. I also had run out of my ranch dressing mix and my seasoned salt (which I love to add to my veggie omelets).
Sorry for the crappy, out-of-focus photo. I spent $32.75  on this little bit. I bought coconut oil, smoked and salted almonds, almond flour, garam masala, garlic powder, paprika, dill and smoked paprika. When I got home, I filled all my empty containers that you see in the picture and proceeded to make up my bottled seasonings. These spices will last me a very long time, and although I didn't need to pick up the almond flour today, it is now in my freezer and will be there when the weather cools enough to bake.

I got two major jobs out of the way today. I emptied the indoor aquarium and I washed the outside pond filter and fountain. Enough said. Without any details, these are HUGE jobs and I feel very accomplished to get them done. The aquarium is sitting outside in the back yard and is ready for me to wash out tomorrow. I do not want to set it back up, so I may put it for sale on Kijiji. The gold fish that I put in the pond earlier in the year are growing very big. They must be getting lots to eat (mosquito larvae?) because I am not feeding them.

Because of my trying to do too many things at once, I burned my steaks at dinner tonight. Thank goodness I only paid a couple of dollars for them, but I am so upset with myself. I was looking forward to having them. They are now two little chunks of coal...unrecognizable as food. I need to pace myself better.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan, I am so sorry you burnt your dinner! :( Yes, I think that maybe, just maybe, you are trying to do too much at once! Multi-tasking isn't all what it's touted to be, I think! Well done on getting the indoor aquarium emptied and the outside pond filter and fountain cleaned. You are getting so much done and all by yourself, too! I am in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the jobs ahead of you look so overwhelming you end up with a week like I just had of feeling like nothing got completed. But I think I would rather still have it this way than just concentrating on trying to get just one thing done. At least I put a lot of effort into several jobs that needed doing, so that when I go back to them this week, I may feel like most of the grunt work has been done. Better to have cleaned the filter and fountain head instead of the whole pool; otherwise, I may have ended up with a blown out motor in the filter from working it too hard. Better to have broken up the job of taking out the aquarium into smaller jobs than burning myself out by trying to get it all done in one day not giving myself the time or energy to work on equally important projects. But you are so right about the multi-tasking. I need to give my attention to one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete