Monday, August 13, 2018

Daybook: Monday, August 13/18

Outside my window.....it is clouded over after starting out very sunny and a gorgeous day, temperature wise. My front lawn is desperately needing a haircut, but my push mower is still away being fixed. They had to order in a part for it.

I am thinking.....of all the blog posts that I need to write this week to get caught up. Besides posting about my trip to California and my son's wedding, I now have photos to put on my blog about the great girls' weekend I just had in Merrickville. We had such a great time.

I am thankful for.....the cooler, less humid weather we have had lately. We have even had some rain in the last week, so the grass is actually coming back and looking green. Of course, the weeds are also growing gangbusters.

From the kitchen.....there has been no food prep going on this past weekend because I haven't been home. Because I didn't get home until dinner time, I was lucky enough to pull some shredded cabbage and cooked ground meat out of the freezer to warm up in the microwave so I could enjoy a fast meal. Tonight I will put a veggie casserole with Italian sausage in the oven.

I am wearing.....tan capris with an ivory coloured Northern Reflections t-shirt covered with daisies.

I am creating.....nothing lately, although I am dying to start making more all-occasion cards. I have sent off two "Thinking of You" cards in the mail in the last five days.

I am going.....nowhere today. I just walked back from the Post Office and I will need to visit a grocery store tomorrow morning to pick up a few items from a list I have started.

I am hoping.....to get some more weeding accomplished this week. Bless suggested that I spend only one hour a day outside to pull weeds. Well, one hour doesn't seem to make a dent, but two hours of pulling weeds makes enough of a difference that I feel I can stop for the day.

I am hearing.....a LOT of traffic outside, especially with the passing of large transport trucks. I am not sure why all the extra traffic. I never heard the paramedics respond to an emergency call, so I am wondering if the traffic is moving off on their own volition to avoid construction on the 401.

Around the house.....I have vacuuming to do, like everyone else it seems;  but, I don't feel like doing it. I have dusting to do and bathrooms to wash, but my priorities this week will be outdoor projects. I have lawns to mow as soon as my push mower arrives, and I will continue to pull weeds for two hours a day if it is not raining outside. It is also that time of year to prune my shrubs.

One of my favourite things.....since returning from my holiday trip out west is my tablet. Until Amazon restocks and sends out to me an Amazon Firestick, it is the only way I can watch Netflix these days. Apparently my Blueray DVD player is so old it could not handle the lastest Netflix update, so I can no longer receive it on my TV.  I don't mind watching on the small screen, but it will be nice again to watch movies on a large screen.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include another grocery shopping trip and a baby shower in Ottawa this Sunday. I will be traveling with a group of attendees. I also need to fill up my van with gas and call in and pick up two more prescription refills. Otherwise, it is just doing yard work to catch up from my time away.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
The Anarchy Loft is a small boutique at street level selling clothes, home decor and gift items. The three windows above (with the star lanterns) were our living room windows. The kitchen and dining room were at the back of the building. The bedrooms and gorgeous bathroom were upstairs in the loft area. Everything was newly renovated. The Ikea kitchen had an island with stove top and a microwave oven. It also had high end appliances and granite counter tops, which is always appreciated by us as we generally only go out once to eat and the remainder of the time we do our own food prep. 


2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely spot in which to spend a girls' weekend, Susan! I'm so glad you had a nice time.

    Yay for cooler weather! Today is a cooler day, here, too! It's 4:30 p.m. and the house is only at 82F! I am quite comfortable at that temperature!

    Good planning on your part to have something you could heat up in the freezer for when you came home. :) Your casserole sounds good, too.

    OK, 2 hours of yard work, then. :D You can always catch up on the housework when the cold weather arrives!

    Hope you have a lovely week ahead, Susan; looking forwards to seeing your holiday/weekend away posts whenever you get around to doing them. No hurry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha. I'm glad there's no hurray. I am mid-week and I have not done anything with photos yet. I am trying to reorganize my day and get some yard work accomplished.

    Yes, it was a great weekend. This group of friends have been meeting once a year for decades now. We don't always have to go away for the weekend, but mostly we do so we have time to catch up with each other's lives, play some board or card games and just generally laugh and enjoy each other's company.

    ReplyDelete