Thursday, August 23, 2018

My Push Mower is Back

I got a call this morning that my lawnmower was finally ready for pick up. Unfortunately, I couldn't go right away because my van was loaded up with pieces of a sectional sofa that my son was getting rid of at the dump today on his day off. So I texted him to see how soon he might be able to come in.  He was already on his way. My friend (with brain cancer) also dropped in this morning. I told him I was not putting in the back deck this fall. I will wait until Spring because I just don't think I can afford to do this right now. He said he could still do lots on Saturday anyways, without building the deck. He is bringing his son and his brother-in-law to help him, and they will do some yard work around the house to help me out. There is still that issue with the dead tree in my yard that has me concerned, so they will take down all the dead branches and prune it back. So yay! I am very happy about that.

So this afternoon I picked up the lawn mower and paid for the repairs on that one and the riding mower that had to go back in two weeks ago. Will it ever end?? I am happy to say that I got MOST of the two lawns done, but the grass was so long it will definitely need a second run tomorrow. You will see in this photo that some of the grass was just pushed down and over because it was so long. Tomorrow it will be standing up again and I can get it done a second time. The mower stalled so many times and took so long to cut that I finally gave up after several hours. Tomorrow is another day....IF it doesn't rain again.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you got your push mower back, Susan, although, should it be stalling on you like that if it was repaired? I'd call the repair place and ask about it. Just don't overdo things and tire yourself, too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I knew it would be stalling out on me. The grass was that long and that wet. I would need several days of sunshine and dry weather in order to dry it out enough. So I plowed through it the best I could yesterday. Today should be much easier to cut it again.

      Delete
  2. So glad you got the push mower back. It will be nice having your friends helping with the yard. Take care of yourself!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be a very busy day tomorrow. I am very lucky to have friends like this who are willing to help me out when they lead such busy lives themselves. I don't know how I got so lucky.

      Delete