Monday, January 14, 2019

Daybook: Monday, January 14/19

Today is my oldest grand daughter's birthday. Happy Birthday, Sweetie.

Outside my window.....it is sunny and cold. The cold is much easier to take under sunny skies.

I am thinking.....of all the work I envisioned for the month of January. What was I thinking?

I am thankful for..... having enough materials to get things done.

From the kitchen.....I got a lot accomplished on Saturday. I made 2  pots of turkey vegetable and split pea soup. I baked a loaf of keto bread and I fried up a package of bacon from the freezer. I also shredded and sauteed a whole head of cabbage that will provide two dinners this week.

I am wearing.....a pair of knockabout jeans and an old red t-shirt for working around the house. I wouldn't wear these out in public.

I am creating.....some cards for all occasions.

I am going.....probably nowhere today. I have not written out my note-cards yet, so probably will not be going out to the Post Office. Besides, I am still in the old clothes I put on this morning because I was painting.

I am hoping.....to get started on another craft project this week.

I am hearing.....just the blower on my furnace.

Around the house.....my dining table is messy still with the supplies I used to make more cards over the weekend. I have some painting supplies brought into the computer room where I was priming the bathroom door and a bedside table this morning. The door has two coats of white primer, but my table needs another coat tomorrow. I also primed a small hanging corner shelf. Since the preparation and the cleaning up is such a big chore, I want to do as much as I can.

One of my favourite things.....this past weekend was a Christmas gift from my daughter. She gave me, among other things, a large paper pad filled with water colour backgrounds, which inspired me to make a lot of cards.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a visit to the pharmacy to pick up another prescription. I have no scheduled appointments.

Weekly Goals:

  • Continue to moisturize at night and apply lipstick in the mornings until it becomes routine.
Missed lipstick on Wednesday, and late in the afternoon some days.

  • Continue to journal every day to keep better accounting of my spending and my weekly menus. Done

  • Write 3 note cards to send off to 3 different recipients this week.     Done

  • Prime the bathroom door (inside and outside)      Done

  • While I'm at it, find other items to prime (bedside tables, small shelving units, any unfinished trim)    Done

  • Go through another binder and purge papers that are no longer useful or relevant. I finished my recipe binder last week.     Done
  • Sort through some photos and start scrap booking.     Not Done

  • Change the filter on my furnace.      Done
 
  • Make  up my valentine cards this week.     Done

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
 I wish I had taken before photos of these things. You wouldn't believe the difference. The door looked so dirty, but it wasn't. I had scrubbed the original paint right off of it, so it was looking very shabby. It now has 2 coats of white primer on it. Eventually, I will put a high gloss finishing white on it.
This upside down bedside table had a matte black finish on it. I need it to be white. This is one coat of primer. I will probably put another coat on it tomorrow to hide most of the black. This will also have a high gloss white on it eventually.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your oldest grand daughter! Hope she has a wonderful day!

    My goodness! The week has barely begun and you've already got two things done and started on another (priming the table, etc.)! Where do you get your energy to do all this? You are doing great on your January projects!

    I can see that your week is off to a good start. I hope the rest of the week goes as well and you accomplish all what you hope to over the course of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is....I don't have the energy. Since I had already committed to doing certain items in the January Goals list (and subsequently vowed to report my successes and failures at the end of the month), I simply had to buckle down yesterday, bite the bullet, and just do it. Ha. Good thing I cleaned up yesterday after painting all morning, because today I just could not dive into it at all. So instead I went through all the binders I pulled out early last week and began organizing and purging through. You know I am not enthused if I pick filing over painting. Mind you, I still have my warranties and my actual filing bin to go through, but at least I got through all my binders. I still have to make up the appropriate dividers, but that is for another day. I only said I would purge and organize them this month.

    So maybe tomorrow I will start into the painting again. I will give myself some time to work up some motivation. I have to be in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so get the just buckling down and doing it! That is exactly where I am right now. You are going well even if the energy level is not keeping up with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning was another case of buckling down and getting the second coat of primer on things. I will not be painting these items until a warm day in Spring, when I will take them out to the back yard and probably use a high gloss in a spray can. I think it leaves a nicer finish to apply in several fine mist sprays. Yesterday afternoon, I got started on my Valentine cards. It helps to do something I love after accomplishing an onerous task.

    ReplyDelete