Friday, January 18, 2019

Kids' Valentines

They're done. It took most of the past two days, but I think I am pretty well done with making all my valentines. I have to stop anyways because I am completely out of my 2-way tape and I just had enough postage stamps to put on the kids' envelopes. They are all signed, addressed and stamped. I think when I look over what I accomplished this week to make my report, I will not have accomplished as much as I'd hoped. On the other hand, I never even put down "making valentines" when I was considering my January goals. What was I thinking? I enclosed some Valentine riddles in some of the kids' cards, but have yet to write any notes inside the cards intended for the adults.
 I used stamps and punches for the first one (girl) and used my cricut for the next two (male) The one in the middle is for my adult grandson (I can't leave him out), so I distressed and grunged it up. It looks like I left it out while painting my door earlier this week.
Although the cards are mine, I used some stickers here to embellish. Instead of hoarding them, I am beginning to use more and more of my supplies to help me in my card-making. For example, the first card with the shaker window, I used a ready made sentiment,ladybug and a flower sticker in the corner. The owls in the second card are also stickers. The third card uses up some of my 3-D treat stickers. I have made ALL my own embellishments in the past, but this saved me some time. I still consider these homemade. And if I already possess all these materials, I should use them, right?

It snowed last night and most of the day. There still isn't a lot. I haven't gone outside to shovel the driveway because for a while this afternoon, it looked as though it was melting again. That could change. I feel I could have a little snooze on the couch before dinner. I have a small pork roast in the crock pot. There isn't a lot to report until tomorrow, so I will wish you a great weekend. Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. I love your cards! It is definitely OK to use purchased embellishments! Especially if they were already on hand! Use up the stash! These cards are going to bring so much joy to your grand kids! Go back and amend your January goals to include making Valentines Day cards! In general, I don't celebrate Valentines Day. But, I might steal your idea for the kitty cat card - I have different cat stickers, but the sentiment and the layout is wonderful! You are so creative, Susan.

    I hope you had your afternoon nap and enjoyed your dinner. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that this card turned out at all. It was one of "those" cards that was NOT working. The focal point was too small for the bold valentine pattern and I was floundering trying to come up with something to rescue that card.
    Sometimes, adding more "stuff" works. Sometimes, it doesn't. (I have a box filled with cards that didn't work out.) However, I was able to save this card by adding some punched lacy borders and some hearts that I added some glitter and glossy accents to make them shine. It turned out to be one of my favourite cards, so thank you.

    Yes, I did get my nap in before dinner. And there was no problem going to bed last night, so I am guessing I needed the extra sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are original whether you hand make the embellishments or use your own. The cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anne. I love paper crafting. I am kind of passionate about it. I bought another roll of two way tape this morning so I can keep on keeping on. We are bracing for a winter storm later today and overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your homemade cards, they are always so fun!!!

    I have started having my grandsons prepare envelopes (for Christmas cash I gave), flyers for "Happy Birthdays" for when they go home and this weekend they decorated some white paper bags for Valentine's I will be giving. Something fun for them to do and makes our time together even more special!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Diana. What a lovely idea. That is a wonderful activity to do together.

    ReplyDelete