Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Rainy Tuesday

I feel today that I have earned my bread and butter. It's not that I am working through my goals very quickly, but I am nonetheless getting some things accomplished. On Day one of my weekly goals, I remembered to put on lipstick this morning and I put moisturizer on my hands and face last night. I wrote out my 3 "Thinking of You" cards for this week and sent them off in the mail. I talked to my friend this morning to see if she was up to a visit but she had errands to run this morning, so it was not a good time for her. However, we talked for well over an hour. I feel she got a lot off her chest. I also called Ontario Hydro today and set up the account in my name. It is almost two years since Rick has passed, and I had not yet changed all of the utilities over to my name. I believe that is the last of them done now. I also signed up for e-billing since I pay the bills on-line anyway. I also called my pharmacy to renew a prescription. It seems I have spent an incredible amount of time on the telephone over the last couple of days.

I have shredded just about all of the papers that I pulled out last week. I put one bag in the outdoor composter along with all the scraps from my kitchen composter today. I spread four bags all over one of my garden beds. It is pouring rain right now, so the paper will get good and soaked and spread into the dirt. I am probably jinxing myself, but we don't have much snow on the ground right now. Perhaps this rain will turn to snow overnight?

I cleaned off all my counters, including my coffee nook,  and disinfected them. It was not one of this weeks 10 minute "decluttering" items. It is actually one of last weeks that I didn't get around to. Maybe I can start this week's list tomorrow morning. I have to tackle a hotspot, which for me is my dining table or the top of my desk. Another job on the list is under the kitchen sink, but I'm afraid that will take more than 10 minutes. Ha. After lunch I was able to make four cards....2 winter cards (general notecards) and 2 birthday cards. They are basically the same, but the girl's card is sparkly and glittery, while the boy's card is shiny. Here they are....

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I like how you can do the same design, but change it to suit the recipient.

    You've had a very productive day! You accomplished a lot! I got one thing done on my list, but that is all! I'm still not feeling 100% so I am taking it easy! That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but your one thing took hours to get accomplished and it was well worth the time and money to make sure your vehicle is in tip top shape. Because of your recent illness, it was probably a good idea to sit and not doing much of anything but reading. (a forced confinement)

      Delete
  2. Your cards are lovely!
    I made the mistake of watching a couple of the Marie Kondo Netflix shows. Now I feel morally obligated to spend every free moment decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check Netflix to see if we have any of those Marie Kondo shows available in Canada. I would like to watch one. From what I've read about her method, she might be too aggressive for my tastes. Yes I would like to declutter, but....it is difficult for me to let go.

      Delete