Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday Goals Update

My Weekly goals
  • Work on this week's 10 minute decluttering  tasks from Monday's printout    Not done
  • Organize my filing bin and throw out papers and instruction manuals no longer relevant        My organizing is done and I have taken care of a lot of outdated manuals.
  • Put weather caulking around smaller kitchen window     Done
  • Start putting photos into a scrap book      Started
  • Produce one hand made gift   In progress
  • write out 3 note cards and send in the mail     Done
  • go over my budget for the month of January to find more money savings         Took some time to go through February's budget

Today I drove to Amerstview and spent $15 on dairy.  Eggs were on for $1.88 a doz. and butter was only $2.99 a pound.  I needed to buy more milk so I may make some more yoghurt tomorrow. I baked a loaf of keto bread and washed two loads of laundry. I hung up one load today and will hang the next load tomorrow after I have folded and put away the first load.  I spent the afternoon working on an embroidery project.

Dinners This Past Week  (Friday to Friday)

Roast pork and vegetables
Leftover roast pork with vegetables with grated cheese
Chicken stir fry  (frozen Oriental mix veggies)
Cooked ground beef with veggies in a cream cheese sauce
Pork chops with leftover veggies in cream cheese sauce
Meatloaf with mashed turnip and green beans
Leftover meatloaf with roasted cauliflower and broccoli


5 comments:

  1. Well done on the filing and getting started on some of your other projects. Paperwork is something I've been procrastinating on.

    I hope the February budget review went well.

    You found some good deals on the eggs and butter. I am down to my last 1 lb. box of butter and am hoping to find a good sale, so I can stock up.

    Your menus for the week sound very good. Thank you for posting them - I am getting ideas! I haven't made meatloaf in some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My filing box was something that I procrastinated on for almost the whole month, after being placed high on my priorities list of goals for January. That explains my list of accomplishments especially over the past two days of random chores. It isn't the fact that I did stuff willy nilly and not necessarily on my list, but I was putting off doing what I knew needed to be done. Today, I just dove into the deep water.

      No, I'm afraid I didn't find extra money this month. So I will step up my game of trying to cut more of my grocery expenses.....less things like cottage cheese and berries and more green beans and spinach.

      Delete
    2. Have you tried making your own cottage cheese? Or, maybe just substitute your homemade yoghurt for cottage cheese?

      Delete
  2. You had a lot of successes. I swore I would do something Christmasy in January. I am about to run out of month with nothing to show for it. Maybe tomorrow? I am stocked with butter and eggs so I am not looking for deals with that. I need another week of cheaper cauliflower, but it looks like that is a done deal here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking down my goals into weekly to-dos has been immensely helpful to me this month. My successes are not 100%, but I am more focused on reaching my overall goals for 2019, so in that regard I am getting more accomplished. This week I will revisit my yearly goals to make up my February goals. Then I will attack that list by planning week-to-week. January just flew by, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete