Monday, January 21, 2019

Daybook: Monday, January 21/19



Outside my window.....it is bright and sunny and bitterly cold. (-24*C  or -11*F)

I am thinking.....of my morning on the phone with my Internet provider, AGAIN. I have written a separate post on this, if you want more detail.

I am thankful for.....my two mystery helpers who took care of the heaviest load of snow at the foot of the driveway that you can see in the photo. This is heavily packed snow that is plowed up from the highway in front of my house. I only had to spend about one hour outside yesterday clearing with my shovel.

From the kitchen.....this weekend, I made a loaf of keto bread (which is already gone) and seven containers of homemade yoghurt.

I am wearing....blue jeans, a gray knit sweater and red zipped cardigan, socks AND slippers.

I am creating.....nothing today. I cleared off my table and washed up all my supplies before putting them away. I am ready to start a new project.

I am going.....nowhere today. I don't need to go anywhere and it is too cold to venture out.

I am hoping.....to be able to start scrap booking this week.

I am hearing.....just the blower on my furnace.

Around the house.....I have the laundry done up, the downstairs plants are watered, and I have caulked around the window frame in the kitchen.

One of my favourite things.....is a working furnace and a warm and cozy home.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....(see my weekly goals) I have no appointments scheduled.

My Weekly goals
  • Work on this week's 10 minute decluttering  tasks from today's printout    Not done
  • Organize my filing bin and throw out papers and instruction manuals no longer relevant        My organizing is done and I have taken care of a lot of outdated manuals.
  • Put weather caulking around smaller kitchen window     Done
  • Start putting photos into a scrap book      Started
  • Produce one hand made gift   In progress
  • write out 3 note cards and send in the mail     Done
  • go over my budget for the month of January to find more money savings         Took some time to go through February's budget
Here's the picture I am sharing....

Seven cups of yoghurt made and this week's list of 10 minute decluttering tasks

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Look at all that snow! And those temperatures! Brr! I'm glad you didn't have to go out, today, and could stay indoor where it is warm!

    Well done making your own yogurt! I hope it works out to be less expensive than buying; it's probably better for one than the bought stuff, too.

    How annoying that you had to call the internet provider, again! I hope it got resolved without any further problems, this time. I am off to read the post.

    Do you get a new list of decluttering activities, each week? I really need to look into this! I am so far behind with my decluttering goals!

    Hope you have a good week, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Monday morning the website from Organizing Moms sends me a new checklist for the week. Last week I made the mistake of filing it straight away into my binder, so "outta sight, outta mind". I am learning to keep that sheet out on my work space so I am reminded of things I can be doing. Some of the items do not apply, but others can inspire me to get started. Yesterday for instance, I unloaded two of my tee shirt drawers and folded them up Marie Condo style. They are just little 10 minute organizing jobs that also give opportunities to purge at the same time.

    I don't know yet how much money it will save me to make my own yoghurt. I will try to figure out the cost. It will definitely save me money if I can get ALL my milk with Manager's coupons for $2 off at Shopper's Drug Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a checklist to do things that take only minutes to do sounds like a great idea. I always feel like I may not have the energy to complete tasks but if I only were to get started would probably find some of them taking much less time than I thought they would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree. The tasks are indeed very short and doable, like clearing out only ONE drawer. And yes, some of them don't take as much time as that. Some (like cleaning underneath my kitchen sink) may take longer depending on how long it's been since you last cleaned under there. But basically you are giving yourself permission to end the job after ten minutes. Once you start, the hard part is done.

    ReplyDelete