Sunday, January 20, 2019

Snow at Week's End

We got snow...lotsa snow. Someone (I don't know who) plowed out  the worst of it from the bottom of my driveway. When I finally went out this afternoon to clean up the remainder, someone came over with his snowblower and removed even more of it for me. I was left with the cleanup with my shovel and the top of my driveway. I only spent about an hour outside. What wonderful neighbours!

Other chores that I accomplished today
  • I cleaned off the dining table, completely
  • I washed my stamps, acrylic blocks, and my Cricut mats and put everything away. The table is now cleared to do scrap booking, if I can get my photos in order.
  • I put away my two loads of laundry I washed and hung yesterday.
  • I made a batch of yoghurt


Weekly Goals:  Update

  •     Continue to moisturize at night and apply lipstick in the mornings until it becomes routine.Missed lipstick on Wednesday, and didn't remember until late in the afternoon some days. Even so, I  still put it on when I finally remembered  because I want it to become a habit. I missed putting on moisturizer last night.  
  • Continue to journal every day to keep better accounting of my spending and my weekly menus   Done
  •   Write 3 note cards to send off to 3 different recipients this week.     Done
  •  Prime the bathroom door (inside and outside)      Done
  • While I'm at it, find other items to prime (bedside tables, small shelving units, any unfinished trim)   Done
  •  Go through another binder and purge papers that are no longer useful or relevant. I finished my recipe binder last week.     Done. I actually went through all of my binders this week (purged and organized)
  •  Sort through some photos and start scrap booking.     Not Done
  •   Change the filter on my furnace.      Done
  • Make  up my valentine cards this week.     Done  I added this goal after the list was published.
I also did not add to my goals list to work on my 10 minute decluttering list that I printed from the "organized Moms" website, so I did not even look at it.  Not done

On the table this past week 
(Friday to Friday)

sauteed cabbage with cooked ground beef mixed in
2 bowls of split pea soup with 2 slices of warm buttered keto bread
pork chops with veggies and feta cheese cooked in heavy cream
fried peameal bacon with leftover creamed veggies and feta
the second half of the sauteed cabbage with cooked ground beef
roast chicken thighs and veggies roasted with grated mozzarella cheese on top
roast pork roast with veggies and grated cheese

4 comments:

  1. I have to ask__What is pemeal bacon?
    Every week has some successes and some failures. At least every week in my life does! I did not put makeup on Thursday. I was in a pissy mood and did not do it just because. No reasons except just because.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I researched it last week for Bless, I discovered this is a Canadian thing. I think this is what is referred to as Canadian bacon. It is really yummy. Unlike regular bacon which is taken from the pork belly and smoked, it is the pork loin which is wet cured in brine. Mmmm. Good.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your neighbors helped you with the snow removal! Very neighborly of them to do so. Shoveling snow is hard work! Good exercise, though!

    Sounds like you had a very productive day! And I think you did very well with your goals this week. You will resume decluttering and start scrapbooking next week, I'm sure.

    Hope you have a good week ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful for the assistance from my neighbours. There was enough snow dumped overnight to last me well into Spring. I jest. But I am thinking that all the snow that should have arrived over the last two months, came down at once overnight.

      Yes, it was a productive weekend overall as I managed to tidy up loose ends and get ready for a brand new week.

      Delete