Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Another Grocery Shopping Trip

I went out to No Frills this morning to pick up some canned tomatoes and ended up spending another $63.70 on food. While I was out, I decided to put $50 worth of gas in the van.

 Produce (fresh and frozen) cost $29.92  I bought two eggplant, mushrooms and 4 sweet peppers. I bought another 2 kg bag of frozen blueberries, 3 bags of stir fry veggies and one of cut green beans.

 Dairy cost $7.92
 Pork ribs were only $1.98/lb, so I bought this package for $7.25
I spent $18.61 on pantry items, almond butter being my largest expense at $8.97  I am hoping I will not have to do another shopping trip next week, but we will see.

I dropped in on my Dad and "Dee" once again and took over three Rubbermaid  bins from my basement for "Dee" to use on her decluttering mission. She gave me some cheese and garlic biscuits she made (they're keto), and they were really tasty. I will have to get her recipe for those and also for a dry rub she makes for her spareribs. I am not a very adventurous cook for just myself. But she and my sister have found some great keto recipes on Pinterest, and I get the benefit of their experiments.

When I got home I made grilled cheese for myself and then sat on the computer for the rest of the day. I did absolutely nothing this afternoon. I'm so upset with myself. I feel bone weary, so I should have just gone to bed for a nap, since I accomplished nothing anyway. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get more produce this week, Susan. Yum! Almond butter! One of my favorites! But, the last time I bought it, I couldn't stop eating it, so I haven't bought any in a long time!

    How nice to have family members try out new recipes and have you taste test them. This way, you'll know if you'll like them before you make them, yourself. :)

    I guess you needed an afternoon of rest, today. You'll probably have a very productive day, tomorrow, to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I needed the rest because when I finally woke up this morning, it was because "Dee" phoned me at 8:30 and woke me up. I have had my two cups of coffee and MAY need a third before I get my "rear in gear", as they say. I'm still dragging.

      Now that I am baking keto bread, I have something to put my almond butter and no sugar added strawberry jam when I am feeling like a sweet snack. Yum. Almond butter is so yummy, but more pricey than peanut butter.

      Delete
  2. !when you get the biscuit recipe please share! I am always looking for keto recipes that are good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Anne. I should share some of these recipes with you. I have tried out some of yours and appreciate them very much. I need to persist more in getting them delivered to me first. I have asked "Dee" for recipes now for her pork ribs recipe, this biscuit recipe and one she did for pizza chicken. I asked her again this morning. My sister has one for zucchini ravioli that is to die for. Love it so much. And they both love my moussaka and my cream cheese sauce for veggies.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you got some great bargains. Sometimes we just need to take a day to rest up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only real bargain I got this week Diana, was the pork spareribs at less than $2 a pound. I look for the weekly specials and draw my meals around that. Last week I stocked up on enough ground beef to last me hopefully until the next time it goes on sale. Then I generally stick to no name brands (those are all those cans and packages with the yellow label) That is mainly how I keep my food budget manageable.

    ReplyDelete