Sunday, February 23, 2020

Here I am Again

 If you came here to find out how I spent the last few days in the Big City, you came to the wrong place. If you thought I hadn't been posting because I was having too great a time shopping and dining, I am sorry to disappoint. We ended up NOT going after all. The main reason we were going to the Sault, was to drive "Dee's" brother back home. He had surgery on his hand for carpal tunnel last week. He couldn't drive but he had the opportunity to get a ride to Elliot Lake and stay here for a week to recuperate. We were going to drive him back; but in the end, he was able to get a ride back with someone else. That was very fortunate because my dad is not very well lately, and he was feeling particularly rough that day and not up to travelling at all. We were all relieved. And since I had nothing else planned for the day, after my tea with a friend at the local tea shop, I used those few hours to catch an afternoon nap. That evening, I caught up with lots of well wishes from friends and family by phone, email and face-time. I received a lot of cards and e-cards, and felt especially blessed.

Friday morning started early with a trip to a local thrift store because my sister had some "inside information" about a lot of crafting and card-making supplies having arrived for donation. They were already out on the floor, but we were there bright and early for first pickings and got some great deals on stuff we use. While we were down there, I went next door to the deli where I still had some money left on a gift card. I bought 4 chicken breasts, 4 hot Italian sausages, and four sausages with jalapeno.
I also picked up two packages of pepperoni marked down to $5 each, to use up the last bit of the gc. Then we went back to my place to hold a marathon card-making day to start our Easter cards. I also stamped a few images on card stock so I would have some colouring to do for yesterday's card-making club. I ate supper late and then answered some more emails and phone messages before falling into bed.
Here is the card I made for my sister. I love  "house mouse"  designs for stamping and colouring.

Yesterday morning I drove over to my dad's house for 8:30. My dad had decided he wanted to go out for coffee and breakfast with the members of his ham radio club, but by the time I got there, he had changed his mind. He thinks he really wants to do things, but the body is weak. "Dee" needed a break, so we went out anyway. After breakfast, she went to her bank while I went to Rexall for the weekend specials. (eggs for $1.99 a doz., Black Diamond cheese for only $3.99, and Greek yoghurt reduced to $2 for each container) I also picked up 2 9-volt batteries for the smoke detectors. The one outside my bedroom began its annoying "beep" because the battery was low. And yes, I am over my monthly budget.

Yesterday was card-making and scrap-booking club, and it was a full house. The nice sunny "spring-like" weather brought everyone out in droves. All those people who spend their winters inside hibernating have begun to stir, ha,ha. It's a false alarm, however. There are still two more months of snow. Last night I just relaxed and unwound by playing solitaire and had Alexa play some Abba songs. I like to play solitaire when I feel too tired to do anything else. I haven't made any plans yet for today. I only have one more week remaining in the month of February. Gotta get 'er done.


4 comments:

  1. You might not have gone to the big city, but, you still managed to have what sounds like a very good time, with your family and friends. :) Lots of bargains at the thrift shop, deli, and Rexall, too, even if you had to go over budget. Sometimes, it is necessary to do that and it's a blessing to be able to go over budget, isn't it? You made your sister a lovely card and seeing it has reminded me that I need to make a card for my daughter!

    Hope you have a lovely day, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bless. I did have a lovely birthday. I didn't do any snow shoveling or deep cleaning, but according to the birthday rules, I am not supposed to. And I am a stickler for rules.

    We had a wonderful weekend weather-wise. It was above freezing for the past two days and we have a lot of snow melting. It is still a lot of snow by any measure, but it felt like Spring. It just lightens the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very "Happy Birthday"!!! Glad you refrained from snow shoveling and deep cleaning to make your day more of a celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best part was actually the wee lie-down I took on my couch in the afternoon. It wasn't interrupted with phone calls, because people already assumed that I was on the road. Afternoon naps are just the best, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete