Monday, February 3, 2020

Daybook: Monday, February 3/20

Outside my window.....I just saw an elderly  neighbour of mine walking towards her house with her dog Charlie. Charlie is a female and is very protective of her master and I have been trying to gain her trust slowly over the past few months. Yesterday she actually took a treat from me, but I had to stay back and let her come to me. I am one of a very few households who does not own a dog. I am in no hurry to get one just yet.
There are a lot of snowbanks here. A township plow is next door right now removing some of the snow from around our mailboxes.

I am thinking.....how the days are noticeably getting longer. It is after 5 o'clock in the afternoon and it is still daylight. Two months ago, it would have been pitch dark by 4:30.

I am thankful for.....a visit this morning from a dear friend since high school days. She arrived for a cup of tea with me, accompanied by her dog. We are hoping that her companion will get used to me so I may someday be a backup dog-sitter when she makes one of her frequent trips to Toronto.
We had a lovely visit where we were able to catch up in conversation, and I was able to bond a little with the dog. He sat in my lap and let me scratch his neck and back.

From the kitchen......there is nothing going on today. I had a delivery of almond flour from Amazon this afternoon, so I will be making a keto loaf tonight or tomorrow. For supper I am warming up some moussaka that I made for dinner last night.

I am wearing.....black jeans, royal blue fuzzy socks that my sister bought for me, and my favourite black, white and turquoise checked shirt  (I am such a fashion statement). My hair is in a ponytail, no makeup, no moisturiser. When did I get so lazy?

I am creating.....lots of greeting cards. My sister was over today in our craft room and we played some Simon and Garfunkel tunes while we worked. I am building up a stash of birthday cards for all the winter and spring birthdays coming up, as well as some note cards.

I am going.....to pick up the mail soon and I also need to mail out the kids' valentine cards I have already addressed. The compost pail and a bag of shredded papers are by the door so that when I put on my coat and boots, I can take those out to the backyard composter.

I am hoping.....to start my bedtime routine earlier tonight.

I am hearing.....my sister running the Cricut machine downstairs. I came up a little while ago and left her to finish up her project. I also hear the township plow clearing some of those tall snow piles near the mailboxes next door.

Around the house.....I have a pile of macrame cord on a side table in the living-room that is already been cut into lengths to make another plant hanger. On the dining table, I have some stamped images that need colouring when I have a few moments, and two friendship cards that I need to write some notes inside.

One of my favourite things.....since moving in here, is the fact that I have a stackable washer and dryer upstairs which I have been using far more often than the larger machines in the basement laundry area. They are just so handy.

A few plans for the rest of the week......include an appointment for my Dad with a surgeon on Wednesday (Dee has asked my sister and I to accompany), a grocery store trip, a prescription pickup, and I need to phone for appointments for myself.

Here's the picture I am sharing......
View from my front door after Saturday's snowfall.

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! That is some snow. It is in the 70's here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne, Isn't it funny how we acclimatise to our environment. My immediate thought when you said the temperature there was in the 70's was, "I don't keep my house that warm!!!" Holy Moly. You're into summer already. Of course, by the end of April (and we still might have snow then), I will be singing a different tune. Ha, ha.

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow! Look at all that snow! I've missed your Day Book Monday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathalie was the one who got me started on writing Monday Daybook posts. I enjoy writing them at the beginning of a week. It provides me with a mindset of goal setting. But all my plans fall by the wayside if we get a dump of snow like the one we got on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snow!!! We are supposed to get 4-6" here in Oklahoma this evening but won't know until tomorrow whether the weather forecasters are right or not. Looks like you have a good plan for the week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes those weather forecasters miss the mark, but I would rather be prepared for what might be than to be caught by surprise. I did manage today to get some errands run and some groceries back in the fridge. That's always a good day.

    ReplyDelete