Thursday, February 6, 2020

My Three Bedrooms

I have no idea where my day has gone. I know it was busy, but I don't have much to show for it. I thought today would be the day I would take photos of my house to show you, and that is how I started. Don't look too closely. I didn't vacuum or dust. I just made my bed.

 I brought my bed frame and two small bedside units, my pictures and paintings, and the beside lamps with me.  I had to buy the box spring and mattress, window coverings and hardware. My bedside dressers each have 3 drawers, so lots of storage.
 I found this wonderful solid wood dresser and mirror for only $75 in a thrift shop. I sold all my master bedroom furniture before I moved.
One whole wall is closet space. I have my summer wardrobe on the left, my winter wardrobe on the right, and the middle section holds toiletries and all my lotions and potions.
 A second bedroom has a sliding patio door out onto a large deck across the back of the house. On the lower tier of the deck, you can see my shed. Look at all that snow. "Dee" gave me that lovely mural for the wall, and this is where I am overwintering some plants. Besides being able to go to the deck from the yard, this is the only way from inside the house.  I did not want to block access by placing a double bed in this room as a permanent fixture, so  I bought a futon. The solid wood dresser I brought with me.
 I also bought the small 3 drawer end table and lamp for this room. Company has used this spare guest room and has declared the mattress to be very comfortable. The closet in this room is also very big.
Another view from the doorway.
 This is my third and smallest bedroom. I brought these twin beds with me, and right now they are cramped into this tiny space.
 The reason the beds are configured this way is because of the honkin' big wardrobe that is presently in this room. There will be a lot more room when this monstrosity is gone. My sister MAY take it for her spare room in the basement, once the snow goes, but if she doesn't, I will put it on Kijiji for sale. Why is there a wardrobe in this room if all the closets are big? Well, that would be because the closet in this room was plumbed for a ........SHOWER, by the previous owner.
Yes, there is presently a working shower in this bedroom. Come Spring, I am hoping to have this removed by my BIL the plumber and have it put downstairs in the second bathroom. I would much rather have a closet in this room, and a shower in the extra bathroom. I'm just funny that way.

So that is as far as I got with my photos today. I vacuumed my front hall again and emptied my almond flour from my Amazon shipment into mason jars. My sister came over to make cards in the craft room and I left for my eyebrow appointment. When I came back, I put together two cards myself and made a colour chart for the alcohol markers (all 172) that my sister ordered from Amazon. Since she is allowing me to use her markers, it is imperative that someone make up a chart to help distinguish the various shades of markers. It isn't realistic to go by the colour of the caps., so I took on this important job.

I made dinner, wrote a few emails, answered a few calls and now it it already 8:30 and time to prepare my earlier bedtime routine. There is still time to watch a little You Tube tonight. Have a good evening.


2 comments:

  1. Now, why wouldn't you want a shower in your closet? LOL. Thank you for showing us around the bedrooms. I really like how you have set up the 2nd bedroom - it could double as a den until needed as a guest room! Wow! That's a lot of snow on your deck! All the rooms look nice and bright with a lot of light; I like that. Looking forwards to seeing the rest of the house when you are ready to show it. By the way, I didn't see a speck of dust, anywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that room as well. I think if I wanted to do some embroidery or fine detail work, that would be a great room. I is very bright with natural light. When you sit on the futon, you are facing that lovely big wall mural looking at nature. "Dee" also gave me an inside water feature that sits on the dresser. Besides watching the water cascade, it also plays sounds of nature like loons calling, a thunderstorm, rain falling, a waterfall, songbirds and the like. It would make a great meditation room. With all of that going on, why would you want to dust? Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete