Sunday, February 16, 2020

Lazy Saturday

I began my Saturday morning by doing 2 loads of laundry in my upstairs washer and dryer. Of course, that simply means I put the clothes in the machine and turned the dial. Big job! And then I made another keto loaf, and then I was done. Besides being on my laptop computer all morning, that was it. In the afternoon, I went back to bed. It was very snowy yesterday, so it was actually a good day to hide under the covers. We did not go out for dinner and play TV Bingo together, because of the weather and the road conditions.  Good thing I left the bingo sheets the previous night with the other family members.....just in case.

I made myself another pot of chili to eat with my keto bread and played bingo by myself.Then I did something that was out of character for me since moving here. I watched TV until 11 o'clock. Since moving to Elliot Lake, I have not been watching any TV at home, not even Netflix or Amazon Prime. I don't know why exactly, but I stopped watching TV when I had to get my house packed up and things sold off back in Odessa. I actually sold my big TV, since I wasn't watching it, and it would have been too difficult to move it. I brought the smaller TV with me and got basic cable.....just to host TV bingo nights with the family. Otherwise, it is never on.

This morning, I got up at my regular time, had my two cups of coffee, shovelled the walkway and the driveway, laid down some salt, and was eating my 2 egg omelette with mushrooms, cheese and bacon by 9:30. I don't have any other plans except to get at my kitchen cabinets again, so I can call that job finished by the end of the month. Crossing my fingers. I think I can call the past week fairly successful, but only because I didn't set myself any goals. I guess that is the secret.

My sister thought perhaps she would come over today to craft, but we are having more snow flurries right now. I don't know how much we are expecting because I haven't heard the forecast yet. If she doesn't come, maybe I can clean up some of my files today. Bless from My Two Cents has almost inspired me to get mine done.
My desk area is in a corner of the downstairs rec room, so "outta sight, outta mind".

4 comments:

  1. Aw, Susan, what a lovely thing to say! Glad to have "almost" inspired you! :D My files are in an overstuffed file cabinet, in the spare room, so I don't see it until I go to file something! LOL.

    Doing two loads of laundry and baking bread is more than enough productivity for a Saturday. Unless you are procrastinating, like me, in which case, all bets are off! I'm glad you took a nap and watched some TV and RELAXED! Hope you have a good day, today; I was still sleeping at 9:30 a.m.! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last winter I managed to purge a lot of my files at the old place, and I thank my lucky stars I did. Not knowing yet that I was moving, I was so happy that was one less job that needed doing. Now that I am in the new house, I know for a fact that I can get rid of more papers. I need more than "almost" inspiration, I need a great big PUSH. LOL Have a great President's Day holiday. We are also celebrating a provincial holiday called Family Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your desk area looks exactly like mine! I think getting laundry done and baking bread is a lot to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of things on top of that desk that do not belong there. On the plus side, there are usually a pile of papers "filed" on top of my printer, so I guess I must have sorted through those recently. It is that clear plastic filing bin on the floor that I must go through.

    ReplyDelete