Monday, February 10, 2020

Daybook: Monday, February 10/20

I had a busy start to my day. It is currently 8:20 in the evening and I am just now starting my daybook post. I am writing this just before getting ready for bed.

Outside my window.....it is pitch dark. I can see lights on in the townhouses across the street and the snow is glistening under the streetlights. The snowbanks are a little bit higher tonight because people were out today shovelling their driveways.

I am thinking.....that must be why I am feeling so tired this evening. I went outside around 9 AM to clear my drive.

I am thankful for.....another visit from my friend and her dog. We have decided to make Monday mornings a regular visit. We have a hot cup of tea and a really good visit. I think her dog was glad to see me this morning. (I hand out doggie treats). I also received two cards in the mail today and a lovely long email from a SIL who I haven't seen in quite a while. At lunchtime, my sister arrived for an afternoon in the craft room.

From the kitchen.....I roasted some chicken legs for dinner and ate them with some garlic green beans. I had blueberries and yoghurt for dessert.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, a pink striped button down shirt and striped socks.

I am creating.....another mini album, this time decorated with some masculine print papers.

I am going.....to bed, shortly.

I am hoping.....to accomplish some deep cleaning this week. I have started my Spring cleaning but it is progressing very slow-ow-ow-ly.

I am hearing.....the blower of my furnace. At 10 PM, it will automatically turn the temperature down to 62 degrees. I like sleeping in cooler temperatures.

Around the house.....I have a box of books in the living room that "Dee" delivered to me today. I have a casserole dish on the kitchen counter that needs putting in the fridge. I was waiting for it to cool down. I have some papers left on the dining table that I haven't put away yet from working on my mini albums.

One of my favourite things.....is the wing chair I am sitting in right now. It is the chair that everyone gravitates to when they come to visit. It is situated right in front of the big living room window and has a great view of the street outside. From here I can rule over my kingdom.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include some cleaning, a tiny bit of shopping, and some more writing and crafting.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....

 The front of my place... taken before I moved in.
 The back taken from the lower decking. Yes, it has a wheelchair ramp.
The side yard, where I will be putting in a flower bed in the Spring.


4 comments:

  1. I like that nice big deck you have in the back! It will be such a nice spot to sit in during the summer! You'll have that side yard looking pretty, too, with a flower bed and some colorful flowers growing there. Looks like a fairly wide side yard, too (my side yard is 5 feet wide).

    Sounds like you are starting to make friends with your friend's dog! Another couple of visits (and dog biscuits!) will ensure that he'll be fine with you dog sitting him. :)

    How nice that your sister can come over to do her crafts in your craft room! A bit of company for you, too.

    Hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far my wonderful week is off to a slow start, but I can hope. I did another shopping trip today....and nothing else.

      Yes it looks like my work will be cut out for me this spring getting the flower beds prepared. I guess the logical step would be to start small and increase the size of the bed gradually as long as I can handle all the work. I do want to take some time to enjoy that back deck of mine.

      Delete
  2. I really like your home and that deck would be wonderful to sit and sip a beverage on come this spring or summer!!! I don't blog but probably should follow through with some plans for the week to make sure I stay on task. I love the idea of a friend coming over one a week for coffee and a chat! Bringing a dog along would be a bonus in my book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on enjoying that deck. I was able to pick up some outdoor furniture, an umbrella clothesline, and even a small BBQ in the Fall at some yard sales. It will be fun to plant up some containers and hanging planters in the back and get to work on putting in a flower bed along the side of the foundation. There is absolutely nothing there right now.

    ReplyDelete