Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Scrap Booking and Cooking

Lately, it seems, my plans for the week are more like suggestions. I have a list of things I'd like to get done, but oftentimes I run out of time before I even get started. Today was one of those days. I wanted to get started bright and early on emptying my pantry shelves and washing them. But as it happened,  I slept in and didn't wake up until the phone rang at 8:30. While I drank my two cups of coffee, I answered several emails and commented on my blog.  I was on the phone with people I really enjoy talking with and before I knew it, my sister was here to do some crafting. I joined her naturally. While she made cards, I continued making page assemblies for the mini scrapbooks I am creating. I know now what I am going to do with them, so I am excited about that.

After she left, I fried up a package of bacon that has been sitting in the fridge waiting for me to do something with. It is now in the freezer waiting to be added to my eggs or to a casserole. I chopped some red onion, mushrooms, and pepper strips to fry up with a pound of ground beef and made into a chili con carne for my dinner tonight. While that was simmering, I made another keto loaf.
Even so, I did not get to eat until after seven o'clock. I went out to get my mail, which turned out to be my auto insurance renewal and two more valentines. I love getting happy mail.

All in all, it was a good day. Did I get anything done? Well, yes; but nothing from my to-do list. I guess I will have to feel satisfied with getting in a day's work, even if I didn't "accomplish" much. There is no photo today. Sorry about that. I should have taken a picture of my chili with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Yum. I could have taken a photo of the crisp bacon slices or the nicely browned keto loaf, but I didn't.....and I am done for the day. Have a good night.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I want to be able to sleep in. I have to be at Mom's every morning by 7:30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lordy. That's worse than having to go to work every day. Are you the one responsible for the morning routine? Who does the bedtime routine? Do you take turns to do the driving or are you it?

      Delete
  2. Sounds to me like you got plenty of things accomplished - cooking, baking, scrapbooking, chatting with family and friends. :) Pantry shelf cleaning can wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still waiting, but I did get started on it. I only got two cupboards (half of them) washed this morning. But at noon, after the water was cold and filthy and it began to feel like I was putting dirt back on the shelves, I called it a day. After lunch I will find a different activity to do and resume the cleaning tomorrow morning.

      Delete
  3. I like having a list of possible "to dos" for the day or week but being flexible with the list makes life a little easier for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These things on my list feel very important to me to be done....I just don't want to do them. Ha! So although it is nice to be flexible, I can't be TOO flexible or I will procrastinate forever. Sometimes I just have to put on my big girl pants and get the job done.

    ReplyDelete