Monday, February 17, 2020

Daybook: Monday, Feb. 17/20

Outside my window.....it is a clear, sunny day with a current temperature of minus 13 degrees. The snow outside my living room window is almost as high as the bottom ledge.

I am thinking.....that I won't be able to remove my Christmas lights for maybe another two months because they are buried in snow and ice.

I am thankful for.....lots of bright sunny days. Although colder, they are better than overcast, snowy days.

From the kitchen.....there hasn't been a lot of cooking going on the past few days. I baked a loaf of keto bread and made chili on Saturday, but last night we enjoyed another great meal by my sister at Dad and Dee's house. It was the meal she prepared for Bingo night, but we couldn't have,  due to the weather. She sent leftovers home with me for tonight's dinner.

I am wearing.....black jeans, black socks, and a dark gray thin knit pullover sweater with draped neckline.

I am creating.....some mini scrapbooks decorated with masculine papers for future projects. I will soon have to start some Spring and Easter cards for the kids and family members.

I am going......nowhere planned today as it is a provincial holiday called Family Day. I believe the stores are closed and I don't need anything. I will face time with my kids later today.

I am hoping.....to clean more kitchen cabinets today, as I did not get to them on the weekend.

I am hearing.....the ticking of my mantle clock. I don't usually think of asking Alexa to play music unless I am crafting. I love the sound of silence.

Around the house.....my bed still needs to be made, the front door  hallway needs to be vacuumed again, and the kitchen counters need to be wiped down after I opened my used coffee pods this morning to save the grounds for my garden (to be). I have some decorative scrapbook paper strips still left on the dining table that I will paste together to make background mats for future cards.

One of my favourite things.....is still my crafting space downstairs.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a day trip to Sault Ste. Marie on Wednesday (weather dependent) and meeting my friend at a downtown tea shop on Thursday. She was meeting with friends this morning whom she hasn't seen for quite a while, and so we moved our Monday morning date to Thursday.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....

View from my patio door this morning. Sometimes, I wonder if I will ever be able to sit out on the patio this summer. That is my BBQ just to the left. On the right hand side is my round patio table. The snow is higher than the top of the table. But notice that there are no houses immediately behind my house. It is just an open field...very private.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Look at all that snow! It looks beautiful - but, cold!

    I'm glad you were able to get together with your sister, dad, and Dee, last night, and have dinner together.

    Sounds like you are going to be busy, today, cleaning the rest of your cupboards and general housekeeping. Hope you have a lovely day and accomplish all what you wish to get done, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get my housecleaning done....at least, what I set out to do. My sister came over for just a little while, and while she was here I tackled my mini scrapbook again. I got the binding done and have the covers put on. I will be able to show photos tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I love that you have no houses behind your house but all that snow is another thing!!! It looks beautiful out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember as a child growing up here that I was always outdoors in the snow. We would skate, toboggan, skidoo, go ice fishing, etc. Now the only time I am outdoors is to shovel the driveway. I am just content to stay indoors and craft.

    ReplyDelete