Monday, February 24, 2020

Daybook: Monday, Feb. 24/20

Outside my window.....well, I'll have to get up and have a look-see. I already have the drapes drawn because it is 7 PM, and I am  just now getting around to writing. It is pitch dark. The street lights are bright enough though to see that the pavement is still wet with snow run off. The temperatures have been very mild the last few days causing a lot of melting. There's still LOTS of snow however.

I am thinking..... that I was busy enough today but I don't know that I accomplished a whole lot.

I am thankful for.....my good health that allows me to still do the things I want to do.

From the kitchen.....I warmed up leftovers for dinner tonight from the cooking I did over the weekend. I sauteed some shredded cabbage. I roasted some chicken breast and sausage with vegetables and baked another keto loaf of bread.

I am wearing.....black jeans, gray socks and a gray knit sweater with flutter sleeves.

I am creating.....some Easter and Springtime cards. I also made two more cards this morning specifically for two of my grand kids and a birthday card for a third grand child. I also mailed out 3 birthday cards I made for adult family members.

I am going.....nowhere planned for tomorrow. Today I accompanied my sister to No-Frills where I bought another 2 kg bag of frozen blueberries. We also picked up a prescription that I phoned in this morning.

I am hoping..... to prepare an end-of-month financial statement to show where I went over budget and how to avoid it in the future.

I am hearing.....songs from Abba that Alexa is playing in the background. I am listening to "Fernando" this very moment.

Around the house.....I have too many things strewn about. I need to do a tidy-up when I finish this post. Tomorrow is garbage and recycling day. We cannot put anything outside until tomorrow morning because of the wildlife. Garbage attracts crows, raccoons and bears.

One of my favourite things.....is Face Time with the grand kids.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include removing the shower from the bedroom closet and finally finishing up my lower kitchen cabinets.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....

Two Easter cards for kids. Both have grass and cloudy sky backgrounds that I inked in with my new makeup brushes. The cute little critters are made with my Cricut machine.


4 comments:

  1. I love those cards, especially the one with the little chicks! You are cooking up some good sounding meals in your kitchen! Sounds like you had a pretty good day, Susan. Hope tomorrow will be another good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. If I make no other cards, I try to make them for the kids. They will always be the first cards I make. Once they are finished, I will work on cards to send to adults.

      Cooking takes time and imagination, so I guess I am a lazy cook. I want fast and simple, which means I do not have a lot of variety in my meals. But that suits me.

      Delete
  2. The dishes you prepare always sound delicious!! I love the Easter cards and the recipients will be very lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Diana. I am not the best cook in the family. My sister and two brothers are far better than I am. I can cook, but I am not very inventive. I have been on keto for 3 years. My sister just started in the summer, and she has a longer list of entrees than I ever hope to have.

    ReplyDelete