Friday, February 14, 2020

Dog-sitting

Today my sister and her husband have driven to Sault Ste. Marie for the day (a 2 1/2 hour drive one way), and will be back tonight in time for dinner at my Dad and "Dee's" place. Rocky and I have also been invited. When Rocky first arrived, I took him for his walk around the Crescent. He loves his walk.
Isn't he cute? After his walk he needs a nap to recover from all that exercise (ha,ha), so it was a good opportunity to finish up the scrub down of my kitchen pantry cupboards. As long as I remain in the house close by, he is happy.
Again, I took everything out and washed the shelves (backs, sides, and underneath) as well as the inside of the cupboard doors, and again it took  until noon. You know that after two hours the water is going to be cold and grungy. Yuck!  I still have not done the tops of the cabinets. I think I will tackle that tomorrow morning when I wash my little spice cabinet. So the taller cabinet is my "paper" cabinet, except for the bottom shelf which holds my battery operated drill, my main tool box and some basic hardware. I keep the bigger tools and less often used hardware downstairs in the basement.  I have my swiffer duster and a bag of rags hanging on the inside of the door. The wider cabinet on the left holds appliances, except for the top shelf which holds towels and dishcloths and my spice grinder. I am just so grateful for these added kitchen storage cupboards. Everything is just so handy, yet hidden away from view.

I also finished the plant hanger this morning. I didn't work on it last night, because when I stop to make supper, I am usually done for the day. Anyways, I put an empty pot in it just to take a photo. I don't know yet whether it will be a gift, or if I will use it somewhere in the house. I have some jute and lots more wooden beads in the craft room that I can make another. I have a jute planter in my living room window that is holding my Boston fern, but I have several other windows especially at the back of the house that could use a hanging plant. They are so quick to make up.

Tonight is dinner at my Dad's house. Tomorrow is dinner and TV Bingo at my sister's house. So I have a good start to my weekend. How is your weekend shaping up? Hope it's a good one.

4 comments:

  1. Rocky looks so comfy seated on that chair!

    Well done, getting the pantry cupboards cleaned! They look nicely organized, too. You are inspiring me to clean out my kitchen cupboards! :D

    Your plant hanger looks great! You finished that one in no time at all!

    Sounds like you are all set for a good weekend of family time! Enjoy! I've a quiet weekend planned - it'll be a change from last weekend's flurry of activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt you will enjoy a quiet weekend to recuperate from the busyness of the week you just had. You seem to accomplish so much in a single day, that I just had to go back and review your "house cleaning schedule" from last April. You have a deep cleaning session built into your weekly schedule. When I think of how long it has taken me to wash these kitchen cupboards (and I am still not done), I am in awe of your stamina. I am assuming though that this is your basic maintenance plan...like, after the house has been deep cleaned already? I am walking into a place that wasn't properly cleaned beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I get to dog sit for my granddog and I love it!!! I miss having my own dog but this helps me enjoy having a pupper around without the longterm commitment! I am not able to walk very far or very long so wouldn't be up to having my own full time so this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot remember a time in my married life that we didn't have pets. Mostly, we kept big dogs. The last four we had were all purebred boxers. I am not in a hurry to have a pet right now, as they really tie you down. I would like to travel a lot while I still can. You are right. Dog-sitting is the next best thing to having your "dog-fix" without the responsibility of ownership. I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete