Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Out on Tuesday

After finishing my post last night in which I stated I had no plans to go out today, my sister phoned. She and "Dee" were both going in to have some lab work done this morning. Would I mind going over to the house and sit with my dad? Of course I would love to go over. Well, for whatever reason, Tuesday morning is very busy for lab work. Who knew? They had to sit and wait for over an hour and a half before they were called in. I'm sure they would have turned around and come home, but knowing I was with my father, they stayed. My dad and I had a great conversation for almost an hour before he got fatigued and fell asleep. I could have kicked myself for not having brought some work with me. When I stayed with my husband, I always had some knitting or my tablet with me so I could be productive. Not today. So I found myself sitting in front of the TV thinking of all the stuff I could be doing.

When I finally got home I decided I had to get started on those 2 bags of rutabaga I bought last week. I peeled, diced, cooked and mashed one bag weighing 5 pounds. I put one portion in the fridge for tomorrow and froze the rest. I still had roasted veggies that I had to use up tonight with my angus burgers with fried mushrooms. Tomorrow I will deal with the other 5 pounds of rutabaga when I'm not helping my BIL remove the shower from the bedroom closet.

Sorry. No photos today. My cell phone is refusing to transfer any pictures to my computer today. I guess one of us is tired.  I've  put the dishwasher on and now I will go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. That was nice that you got to spend some time with your dad while helping out "Dee" and your sister, as well. Sounds like you had a productive rest of the day, once you got home.

    My phone does that, too, refusing to transfer pictures, usually when storage space is running low. Then, I delete a whole bunch of stuff from my phone and the pictures go through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I arrived home around 3 PM, yes I was very motivated to get something accomplished. I had time to think about what my priorities should be. That also carried over to today.

    My phone had an update waiting for me to install. I think that was the problem. I guess I will find out in a little while.

    ReplyDelete