Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Busy Wednesday

My day started early with my Doctor's appointment. Although it was scheduled for 10:30, I sat in the waiting room for a good 30 minutes before I was called in. This has never happened before.  We discussed the results of my blood tests 2 weeks ago. My thyroid medication dosage has been increased, but everything else will remain the same for the time being. I need to watch my diet and do some exercise. Seriously. I got my Shingles vaccine at no cost to me.

Afterwards, I stopped by my friend's apartment (abdominal surgery) and hung two drapery panels for her. I had to take down the drapery rods from two windows to hang an extra panel on each of them. It took about an hour. She gifted me with a plate of fresh baked peanut butter cookies, (Yum) and a small photo album.
 
Bulk Barn purchases cost $60.95


Two full containers of oatmeal, more whole wheat flour, more red kidney beans, and brown sugar. In the first row, black beans, walnuts, beef bouillon powder, Thompson raisins, shelf stable Parmesan cheese, more black beans, Romano beans, chili powder, Yeast and Splenda packets. It always looks like more when it is put away in containers.

Giant Tiger Specials of the week cost me $14.26


Canned mushrooms (77 cents each), Old cheddar and Mozzarella block cheese ($3.87 each) a black Forest ham for $4.98

3 comments:

  1. That's an incredible price for that whole ham! I pay almost as much for just 16 oz!

    So your doctor told you to go on a diet and your friend gave you cookies... isn't that always the way it goes? I found my stash of M&Ms that I had bought on clearance and planning on giving the kids for Christmas, this morning, as I put stuff away for hurricane preparations and I wish I had forgotten where it is because now I am so stressed that I'm dying to tear into a bag of M&Ms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I just saw your comment on Nathalie's blog about your husband being admitted. Please know that you and your husband are in my prayers and my thoughts are with you. (Hugs!) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. I don't have anything new to report, although I will give more details in a post I will write this morning. But thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate it.

      Delete