Monday, October 3, 2016

Daybook: Monday, October 3/16

Outside my window.....it is overcast and wet. It rained last night, but we have mild temperatures around 20 degrees Celsius. If the sun comes out and dries this all up, it will be perfect weather for working outside.

I am thinking......that I may have been too ambitious in expecting I can get all of my goals accomplished for October, but it will give my direction some focus.

I am thankful.....for my Sweeties scratch ticket winnings yesterday offsetting the cost somewhat of the new printer we "needed" to buy.

From the kitchen.....I made a large pot of homemade turkey soup yesterday that should last all week. I also made crock pot lasagna (or lazy lasagna) from the Company's Coming cookbook, for supper last night. There are leftovers to enjoy. I used tomatoes from the garden.

I am wearing.....jeans, a tan coloured T-shirt with deer on the front, and gray fuzzy socks. I am such a fashionista.

I am creating.....Thanksgiving cards.

I am going.....with my husband at noon to the Kingston hospital for his prostate biopsy.

I am hoping.....that the biopsy goes well. An appointment has already been scheduled for the 25th of this month to discuss the results. I am also hoping for some relief for his leg pain that has been particularly bad this past couple of weeks.

I am hearing....only the filters working on the aquarium. The dishwasher has just finished the dry cycle on a load of dishes I have done already this morning. The dog and cats are sleeping, as is my Sweetie, He did not sleep well last night.

Around the house.....there is lots of work to be done, both inside and outside. Good thing I have some goals in mind. I have to clear off my work table so I can begin wrapping the little gifts I have so far for the Advent Calendars.

One of my favourite things.....evidentally, is my printer. I never realized how often I use it or how much I depend on it, until I no longer had one.

A few plans for the rest of the week......include  an appointment on Wednesday with my own doctor to get my Shingles vaccine and discuss the results of my blood work from a couple of weeks ago. Oh-oh. Having already checked my results on-line, I know that my thyroid, sugar and lipids are high. She has already increased my thyroid medication in the interim, but now I am sure she will want to run another glucose test. My sugar has always run high. Or maybe she wants to discuss my diet, since I must be eating too much fatty or starchy foods for those results. Before or after the appointment, I will stop at my friend's apartment (abdominal surgery) to hang another drapery panel in her living room where the air conditioner was up until now.
 This weekend is our Canadian Thanksgiving, so we will be going to Smith Falls on Sunday to celebrate with my brother, SIL and two nieces. Then on Monday, we have a standing invitation every year to celebrate with our good friends in Charleston Lake. Their son and his new bride will be there, having just returned from their honeymoon in France and Corsica.

Here is a picture I am sharing......of  some of our new purchases from yesterday. A new printer and some art supplies. I bought glitter paper in Christmas colours, 20 foil sheets, burlap sheets, more adhesive rhinestones, and two rolls of adhesive tape.






4 comments:

  1. Hope your husband's biopsy went well and the results will be good. Hope your own dr's appt. goes well and the blood test results will be addressed and taken care of. I need to do a blood test later this week, myself. Glad you got more supplies for your crafting. I've put myself on a crafts supplies purchasing moratorium, so I'll just enjoy looking at your purchases, instead! :)

    Have a great week, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I should be the one on a "craft supplies" diet. *ahem* But I tell myself that I bought my supplies in the Dollar Store, which is far better than buying in Michael's. But those are just excuses, not legitimate arguments. I need to stop and use up what I have already, which is already TOO MUCH.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry I'm so late commenting. I've been running out of steam at night and last night the kittens were particularly pestering me (just couldn't leave me alone!) so I had to pack them up and me too and lock ourselves up in my bedroom so we could all get some rest, lol.

    Were you able to get some kind of medication for your Sweetie's leg?

    Good luck with your doctor appointment today, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am back from the doctor's office. She has increased my thyroid medication but is not adding or changing anything else. She wants more blood work in six weeks, and then in six months. She DID talk to me about my diet and exercise (or lack of it) because of my predisposition to pre-diabetes. I knew she would, so I have to take it seriously, especially now that I only have one kidney. And she recommended Rehab for my right shoulder (soft tissue injury). I got my Shingles vaccine free of charge.
    Good luck getting those kitties calmed down at night for sleeping. I thought you had a good rhythm going there....in the playpen, lights out, nighty-night.

    ReplyDelete