Sunday, October 2, 2016

Goals Update

What happened to my nice clear worktable??

My goals for September were:

I would like to finish organizing and cleaning my Craft Room.
I did this more or less to my satisfaction. And then yesterday, I proceeded to work through several boxes of scrap paper and sorted by colour. I want to be able to use up these scraps before I use any more full sheets of card stock. I also want to make up some cards using scraps of design paper. Waste not, want not.  I did manage to empty a lot of boxes.

I want to wash all the windows both inside and outside. 
I successfully washed all the windows on the main level, inside and outside including frames and tracks. I will tackle the rest of the windows upstairs when I deep clean each room. 
 
I want to remove all weeds from the veggie bed and move more strawberry plants out of the garden into the bins.
This is the goal that sort of fell by the wayside. I am still harvesting veggies from the garden, but I have spent two afternoons this past month pulling weeds. I did not move any strawberry plants into planters, but hope to do more this week, as temperatures will be in the low 20's. 
 
 Each week I would like to report on these areas: cleaning, organization and purging,  my spending, crafting, maintenance and preparedness. 
Although I was doing this more than once a week at the beginning of September, I began doing less of it by the second half of the month as the deadline loomed for getting my other goals done on time. I should probably pick one day...perhaps a Friday, to report on those areas.

My goals for October:

  • spend time outdoors every week pruning shrubs, mowing the lawn and/or pulling weeds
  • deep clean the dining room
  • deep clean the living room
  • deep clean the master bedroom and bath
  •  spend time every week doing crafts, paying special attention to Christmas gifts 
There you have it. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. The most important goal is to have most of the Advent Calendars done, so the last one is the one I will concentrate on. 

4 comments:

  1. What are you going to do with all the papers that are on your table? Did they go into that cabinet with all the drawers?

    I think you did quite nicely on your goals, actually, Susan! Your garden has been so bountiful, you were too busy harvesting it that you couldn't possibly be weeding too.

    Good luck with your October goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those papers are still on my work table. I have been too busy to get back in there. But the beauty of it is, that I can leave it spread out there until I can get back in. I will put each pile into a folder and find some space somewhere.

      Delete
  2. You did very well with your September goals! You organized the crafts room and washed all those windows, etc. Weeding can wait until you finish harvesting!

    That's a lot of deep cleaning for October! I'd say do just one or two rooms, especially if you are planning on doing all that work in the garden, as well. Sounds like you'll be busy! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a problem of mine. I tend to make a lot of goals, making it almost unattainable. But I won't beat myself up. I am giving myself more options. If I don't want to tackle my bedroom just yet, I can work on my Advent calendars, or go outside. At least I have given myself more structure of getting things done, instead of being constantly overwhelmed.

      Delete